8.03.2003

August, well, here we are. One year in North Carolina. From the drought and August heat to the longest fall I've ever enjoyed to ice storms to Big Ed's breakfast to tornados in February to the earliest spring I've ever experienced to the dampest summer I've ever had and back again to the August heat. I'm looking very forward to fall when I'll only have 2 out of my 3 jobs and I can relax a little and enjoy the cooling period.

Val and I are going to the coast in the middle of the month for a long weekend getaway. We're staying at a b&b on Ocracoke Island, "home" to Blackbeard the pirate, among others. Arrrrrrrrrrr, arrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Val and I went to see "Pirates of the Carribean", which turned out to be quite enjoyable, despite being a Disney picture. I think it had to do with Johnny Depp, but it was quite good over all.

Other than that, I have a new cell phone (same number), a new digital camera (Canon G3), and I'm shopping for a canoe (used, ideally). I'll be sure to take some pictures of me making calls from the middle of a lake if this all comes together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home