1.15.2009

Inspired

On occasion, a meal in a restaurant inspires me to try cooking something at home. Bacon-wrapped scallops, for instance.

Restaurant style (local 121 in Providence, RI)

bacon wrapped scallops @ local 121

Home style

bacon-wrapped scallops

The home-style process can be viewed on flickr. Wrap, roast, repeat.

On occasion, my iPod inspires me with it's choices from my musical library, usually in the morning on my way to work, when inspiration is needed most. Today was one of those days. You may agree to disagree. I make no apologies.

You're Gonna Get It - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals
Save It For Later - The English Beat
One World (Not Three) - The Police
Toe to Toe - Jungle Brothers
Funky Town -Lipps Inc.
Spirits - Gil Scott-Heron
Remember Me -Johnny Cash
Hallelujah I Love Her So - Ray Charles
Mystery Dance - Elvis Costello
Build High - The Pixies
Come Back Margaret - Camera Obscura
Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
Yellow - Ken Nordine
Lust - Les Baxter featuring Bas Sheva
Maiden's Prayer - Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys

Lately I've been skipping most of the Police and 80's music, but today I let it go and I really appreciated it, since my normally 30 minute commute was over an hour due to weather and idiots who can't drive. Music really does soothe the savage road rage beast inside of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Warde said...

Oh. My. God. I wish I had bacon wrapped scallops right now. Also, if you heard all that on your way to work, your commute is too long.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Dr. Hectic said...

That was an exceptionally long bad weather commute. The music made it better, but the best would have been to have the music and bacon-wrapped scallops for the commute.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home