7.12.2005

NEW! IMPROVED? BLOGLOOK!

A new era for DHWE. A new layout, a slightly modified blogger template. I decided I needed a change, and most of all, a side bar. Looks/works pretty good.

Seeing that it is mid-July, I am realizing that this year is half over and I have achieved few of my goals for this year. The moral? "Never Try™". No, but really, sometimes I feel like I have very little control over what I end up doing, achieving and accomplishing, and I'm not sure I'm unhappy with that most of the time. Sometimes I can't stand it, but taking the time to notice what is going right in the midst of wrong things seems to help. I'm a glass half empty guy, don't get me wrong, but appreciating the little things seems to help.

With that tirade out of the way, I'm also going to start listing my listening habits again here on the blog. I'd like to figure out a way to just add to the sidebar, but we'll see if that happens. So besides my omnipresent Radio K, here's the current playlist:

MiniDisc
A Tom Waits compendium

CD changer
Smiths - Louder Than Bombs
Doxies - Tinderbox Tragedy
Hüsker Dü - Flip Your Wig
Everything But The Girl - Walking Wounded
Franz Ferdinand - s/t

CD loanermobile (THANKS DAVID & ELLEN!)
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
Panjabi MC - Beware
Northern Roots, Vol. 1
Northern Roots, Vol. 2
Liz Phair - whitechocolatespaceegg

There are also 12(!) CDs in the changer unit of the loanermobile, all belonging to David & Ellen (henceforth known as Ellvid. Or maybe Davlen...no, let's stick with Ellvid.). I have been listening to some of them, but I'm not sure on album titles, so there's some...

PJ Harvey
Yo La Tengo
Kristen Hersh
Old 97s

and some other stuff I don't remember right now. It's pretty sweet, but it makes you consider getting a longer commute to work (HA! Not really) just to have enough music time.


I'm back to knitting my sweater that I started so very long ago. I have the front side done and I'm working up the back. I AM Mr. Cupcakes, afterall.

And finally, a self portrait in a light bulb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home