6.26.2005



OK, so there will be a delay in my purchase of the Anscoflex II. I worked at Southeastern yesterday, and the Nishika 3D camera that has been on "clearance" since I started working there 6 months ago, had sitting next to it, a Nimslo Opti-Lite. This sealed the deal. I had to have it. The camera in the flowerpot is a nod to Susie Cupcakes and her new yarn.

What it does is take 4 35mm half-frame images at once, which, when properly processed and printed, gives you the 3D effect of those winking postcards, or whichever lenticular postcard you may remember from your youth. I thought the last of the lenticular photo processors had closed it's doors for good recently, but just today I happened upon www.clik3d.com, which seems to be a fully functional processor of lenticular 3D camera film, not that the film is anything special.


Speaking of special films, Val and I went to see "Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" last night at the Carolina theater in Durham, and I highly recommend it. I won't get into details, but if you have a chance to see it, you should. Something for everybody. Unless you're a movie-hater.

I'll be sure to post some of my images from the new camera as soon as I get them back from Southeastern. Should be fun, even if I never turn them into anything lenticular.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susie Cupcakes said...

Susie Cupcakes appreciates the nod to herself and her new yarn. Oh, and I second the recommendation for Wild Parrots. So good!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Va... I mean Susie sent me your blog a while back to show me your Gocco pictures, and I thought I would check in to see if you have had any luck with the lenticular photos. Let me know if you get any holographic Homer postcards! Happy 4th!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home