10.05.2009

Stray Cat Strut

As happens from time to time, and time again, we have taken an interest in one of the more unfortunate looking stray cats in the neighborhood. At least this one gets an "A+ for attitude", unlike the last one we took in.

"Grandpa" Teddy!

I was calling him "Grandpa" because before he warmed up to us a bit he looked quite old. That was before we got anywhere near him and saw that he probably wasn't that old, just a decidedly homeless cat WITH TOO MANY TOES!!!

"Grandpa" Teddy!

He has probably six or seven toes on each of his front paws, which make them look a lot like mittens. I saw him around last winter, walking across snowbanks with his giant paws, like, no problem. He is incredibly sweet and often very hungry.

"Grandpa" Teddy!

Val has started calling him "Teddy", after Kennedy or Roosevelt I'm not quite sure, but I think I'll just start calling him "Grandpaws". We're going to try to get him in to see the vet one of these days, and then see if we can get him cleaned up and in to somebody's house before winter strikes again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Abby said...

I really like Grandpaws. :) I am a big sucker for polydactyls!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So is this the same old man dude cat that I saw in your backyard during my last visit?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Dr. Hectic said...

Dean - That be him. Though I think maybe his name should be Merle, as he may or may not be old, but is definitely Haggard.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home